13 May 2013

#4: Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo Volume 1 Chapter 0


Hello again, everyone!

I'm very pleased to announce that I've decided to pick up Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo! I was actually quite surprised when I realised that no group has started scanlation on this project. I don't know if any of you have seen the anime but Yakushiji Ryouko kinda reminds me of "Catherine" (a game by Atlus) and the story line itself resembles that of Fringe (a Sci-Fi show produced by JJ Abrahms). That's a pretty wicked combination if you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, this is the summary of Yakushiji Ryouko ripped from Baka-Updates:
The story revolves around Ryouko Yakushiji, a brilliant 27-year-old elite investigator with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. Together with her subordinate Junichirou Izumida, the two often investigate bizzare and supernatural cases. In addition with the paranormal, Ryouko also has a longstanding rivalry with Yukiko Muromachi, another talented police investigator.
Crime/mystery has always been my favourite genre. There's so much satisfaction trying to figure out things in between. I think this will be a great project and I hope that many of you will like it too. Do let me know what you think of this chapter!

Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo Volume 1 Chapter 0

16 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I thought the anime was pretty good, so I'm very interested to see if the manga might even be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New project? Let me give this a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Been on my whislist for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The manga is better...than the anime. Ryouko is a lovely lady :D

    I would have picked it up but I never got any translators that would do josei titles...stupid humans. Well in their defense I would say that they were afraid to join a shounen group that did shoujo too. We did everything great ;) Later on I stopped scanlating totally so there was no chance to have it picked up except reading the raws myself.

    This is clearly one of the great titles out there and should be scanlated. I haven't read your other releases but I will read this one. My Japanese understand at that time made me miss on a few details. So I'm looking forward to see you doing this title justice.^^

    Good luck and thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much saberismine, I hope I won't disappoint you...! Maybe you should go back to scanlating yourself. :p

      Delete
  5. i love you so much. you picked up aries and now this? so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I asked to many groups before, but this title never hold much attention. I'm glad you pick this title - better late than never! Thank you very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have the complete raw for the series ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for picking this up! I've had this on my wishlist for a while cause I'm a fan of the people who did Vampire Princess Miyu!

    Thanks for your hard work :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!! I loved the anime and got obsessed about reading the manga but no one scanlated or translated it.. but now, yesss!! Really appreciate it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really enjoying this series so far! Thanks for all the hard work ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see someone pick this up, love Fringe and love Yakushiji Ryoko anime. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Although I think I'm sure that I saw some kinda correction. Not sure if I should raise it by email or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, send me an email at vivien.pc@gmail.com

      Delete
  13. thank you \o/ crime/mystery is a fav genre of mine so i'm glad this is picked up

    ReplyDelete